No, this world isn’t “evil,” and no, it’s not a bad place…being here isn’t a punishment. Sure there are bad things…lots of them…but there’s also MORE wonderful things. You see, in order to recognize that there is bad in this world, and what exactly is wrong, you must also be able to recognize what is GOOD. Am I right? You see, as human beings, God gave us freewill…freewill to make our own choices, and think for ourselves, and while, yes, some people chose to do bad things and create evil, people also choose to do lots of wonderfully good, AMAZING things…all on their own freewill…and I think that’s a beautiful thing. That people choose to do good because they want to. I could easily make this a religion thing, which I tend to be careful about in order not to shove my beliefs down people’s throats, but this is what I believe to be true…this world may not be perfect, and there is a lot of bad and evil things in this world, but that’s not to say that this is the devil’s world. I don’t believe this world is a bad place, and I definitely don’t believe that the devil runs this world. Is he present in many of the things here? Absolutely. And does he try to scheme and trick us into doing bad things? You bet he does! BUT, God is also very much so present…even more so than the devil…and SO much more powerful. Yeah, this world might get tough sometimes, but God is here to guide us, and help us along the way to protect us from the bad. God helps amazing things come from even the worst situations. And that alone is beautiful. Without suffering, there would be no compassion, and to recognize that there is wrong in this world, you are also recognizing that there is good…because what is good, if there was no wrong? If that makes sense. Whether what religion you are, or whether you believe in God or not, I’m just going to leave you with this…not to say that people without religion cannot have morals, because they most certainly can, BUT, how can they explain WHY something is good…what makes it good? The only explanation for good, is God. Also, from a religious standpoint, being “good” and following God’s law does not get you on his good side, or into heaven. Very common misconception. In God’s eyes, we’re all bad; we’re all sinners…every single one of us. And just because we may do some amazing things in this world, we also sin…every day. And sin is sin…no sin is any worse than another. And no matter how many good things we’ve done, it still doesn’t erase the sins you’ve made. It’s not about following God’s law as a perfect human…that’s impossible, and God KNOWS that. The only perfect person who will ever exist is Jesus, and that’s why he sacrificed himself for OUR sins…so that as long as you accept him into your life and follow him, HE covers all the sin you’ve made in life, which allows you to go to Heaven regardless of your sin. He’s kind of a get-out-of-jail-free card, if you will. A lot of people have a misconception…just because you’re a good person and follow God’s law, does NOT mean you’re getting into Heaven. That’s wrong. The only way you’ll get into heaven is through Jesus and accepting him as your savior. After accepting Jesus, that should change your heart and make you WANT to do good things, but without doing that, and simply just being like “well, God and The Bible tell me I can’t do this, so I’m not going to because I want to go to Heaven,” will NOT get you into Heaven. The fact of the matter is this, you can sin all you want, but as long as you’ve accepted Jesus into your heart as your savior, you’re set. BUT, that being said, having Jesus in your life SHOULD, in your heart make you want to do good things, and be a good person, and live fruitfully and graciously because if you don’t have the fruit of being a Christian, then it’s questionable whether you’re really a Christian at all. Anyway, I didn’t want to make this completely a religion thing, but I guess there’s no getting around that because this is what I believe to be absolutely true. Moral of the story; no, this world isn’t evil…it’s absolutely beautiful…even despite the evil, because we still have God, and he’ll always conquer. He’ll always win and the goodness in this world will always triumph the evil. God doesn’t want us to despise our time here because it’s “evil”…he wants us to enjoy it, and use our time here to not give into the temptations and CREATE more goodness. I believe this world is a beautiful place, despite the bad things, and being here is an absolute blessing. God is trusting the freewill he gave us to create goodness, and what could be more beautiful than that?
So I thought about doing one of these for a while, but it doesn’t really fit into my blog’s “theme.” I write mainly about self-help, inspirational, and life topics, not only to help my readers, but to help myself, too. But then I remembered that when I made this blog, I didn’t want it to fall under a theme. I called this my “lifestyle” blog in my first post. That can mean anything from maintaining a healthy mindset, to fun stuff and products that I’ve been loving. So that’s what I’m gonna do today. I put together a little collage of products I’ve been loving this past month, and let me tell you, it took WAY longer than I thought! haha. Anyway, let’s get started! :))
1) Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation: Now, I have been wearing this foundation for a while now, but I’ve been especially loving it for summer this month! It’s a medium, but buildable coverage foundation, but very light weight! It’s not cakey at ALL and looks completely natural. Perfect for effortless summer makeup!
2) Maybelline Color Whisper in Cherry on Top: These are AMAZING! Super easy, pigmented, and hydrating. They go on sheer but are super buildable! Very glossy, also! My favorite shade is Cherry on Top; it’s a super bright reddish/pink color. Who doesn’t love bright, bold lips for summer?! Personally, it’s my favorite trend. I like to build this color up to it’s full potential to get it’s full opacity, but it’s also nice as just a sheer wash of color when you’re going for a more natural look!
3) Revlon Lipstick in Wine With Everything: As weird as it sounds, I’ve been loving darker, wine colored lips this month! I know it’s more of a fall trend, but there’s something so classic, and gorgeous about a dark, wine lip that I just love! This is one of my favorite shades. Revlon lipsticks are some of my favorite formulas…creamy, super pigmented, and long lasting with a HUGE color selection. Not to mention, affordable! They don’t dry out your lips, either. Love them! I’ve also been loving the shade Black Cherry, which I forgot to picture here. It’s a dark, burgundy vampy color. It’s amazing on!
4) Benefit Watts Up: I LOVE this highlighter! Up until I discovered this I had been using High Beam, and I still love that, but since this is a stick formula, it’s much easier and is perfect for a nice glowy, summer look! I like to run it across my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose.
5) Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: I’ve had this palette for a few months, but I didn’t actually start using it a lot until this past month. My favorite look to do with it is Chopper on the lid, YDK on the outer half of the lid, Tease in the crease, and busted on the outer corner/outer “V.” I also use Bootycall as my brow bone, and inner corner highlight! Super pretty!
6) CoverGirl Shimmering Sands: I LOVE this eyeshadow trio! It’s SUPER quick, effortless, and easy for lazy summer days when you don’t feel like putting in a lot of time into your makeup. Not to mention it’s GORGEOUS and the perfect glowy, bronze look for summer! I like to use all three colors for a full look, starting with the lightest one for the lid and highlight, the middle shade on the outer lid and crease, and the darkest in the outer corner. But it’s also perfect for just a single wash of shadow!
7) Nars Blush in Orgasam: Can I just start this off by saying that what’s with all of these makeup brands naming their products with such sexual names?? Gosh, I hate the concept of “sex sells.” Anyway, moving on. haha. I LOVE this blush! It’s one of my all time favorites! I usually mix it with another, matte blush, because it’s a little more shimmery than I typically like. But for summer, it’s the PERFECT color for a gorgeous summer glow! It’s a beautiful coraly/pink color with gold shimmers. I LOVE it!
8) Benefit Benetint: I’ve been using this SO much lately! It’s a gorgeous berry colored cheek/lip stain. It’s super easy for the days that you don’t wear much makeup. I’ve been going to the pool and beach a lot this past month so I just like to dab this on my cheeks and lips to give me a little color, or just incase I go out after being at the pool or beach to make me look a little more lively. It’s perfect. This, plus the shimmering sands pallette, equals the perfect effortless look!
9) Prada Candy: I didn’t really like this scent at first, but I love it now! It’s super warm and sweet, but it’s also very mature and age appropriate! It’s the perfect sweet but sophisticated scent! I love it for going out at night. It’s also perfect for the office, if you work!
10) Marc Jacobs Daisy: This scent is a classic! A little sweet and fruity with a fresh floral kick! It’s super fresh with a splash of fruitiness It’s the perfect daytime scent for spring/summer and it has been my everyday scent for this month. I LOVE it!
11) Whoops! Accidently skipped number 11! haha.
12) Benefit Hoola Bronzer: This is my FAVORITE matte bronzer! The color is PERFECT! It’s not muddy, or orange and it looks equally as amazing on lighter skin tones as it does on darker skin tones! I love using this to contour, but lately, this month, this has replaced my Nars Laguna Bronzer as my all over bronzer. I’ve been dusting this all over my face after my foundation to give me a little more color. Because I’ve been in the sun so much, my foundation is now a few shades too light for me, so I use this bronzer to make my face match the rest of my skin and I just LOVE the effect/color it gives off! Totally natural!
13) Benefit Girl Meets Pearl: This is an all over, liquid face illuminator. It can be used under foundation for a subtle glow, or on top of make up for a more dramatic glow. I like to use it both ways depending on the look/occasion. I also love using it alone on the days I don’t wear any foundation and keep my makeup light just to brighten up my face! Either way, it’s a beautiful product!
14) John Frieda Full Repair Serum: I’ve been on a healthy hair kick recently! I’ve gone through a yearlong process of transforming my hair and I’m THRILLED with the outcome! This stuff totally helped make the process easier. I dye my hair and I also heat style it frequently. This stuff does exactly what it says it does…it repairs and revives your hair! Pump a small amount in my hands after I get out of the shower and run it through my ends and comb it through. It revives your hair and prevents breakage from past damage and prevents new damage. It’s amazing stuff!
15) It’s a 10 Miracle Leave In: THIS. STUFF. IS. AMAZING!!!!! It truly is a miracle product. This is another product that transformed my hair completely! Since it’s summer, I’ve been trying to lay back on the heat styling. I have very thick, frizzy, wavy/curly, unruly hair. I also live in Florida…where the humidity is INSANELY outrageous, especially in the summer! So needless to say, I leave it natural, it frizzes up. I straighten it, it frizzes up. I spray this in my hair after the John Frieda serum and comb through. It claims to do ten things;1. Repairs dry damaged hair. 2. Adds shine. 3. Smoothes and controls frizz. 4. Seas and protects hair color. 5. Detangles. 6. Prevents split ends. 7. Stops hair breakage. 8. Creates silkiness. 9. Enhances natural body. 10. Flat iron spray and thermal protector. And this stuff WORKS. My hair doesn’t frizz, it’s shiny, soft, smooth, and it looks amazing natural or heat styled. TOTALLY worth the $27.00 price tag!
16) VO5 Moisture Milk Strawberries and Cream Conditioner: Following up on the healthy hair kick, I have this! Now this is a bit of an unexpected favorite…I know what you’re thinking; “Jenn, a TWO dollar conditioner?! What is so great about it?!” Well, I’ll tell you; it’s SOOOO hydrating and smoothing. This was reccomended to me by my friend. He and his sister both love it and he told me to try it, and I’m SO glad I did! My hair feels SO silky smooth after I use this. It’s absolutely INSANE. I wash and condition my hair with my regular shampoo and conditioner, and then right before I get out of the shower, I use the VO5 conditioner and rinse it out with cold water and my hair feels AMAZING. Not only is it super smoothing and hydrating, but it SMELLS amazing! The scent is super strong and it lingers, but I love that! Seriously the best 99 cents (it was on sale at CVS when I bought it!) that I’ve ever spent!
17) Now, I forgot to add the photo to this one but it’s the Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse: This is a curl wave enhancing mouse, and as a girl with naturally super wavy/curly hair, I LOVE this stuff. Not only does it smell great but it keeps my natural waves nice and tousled and looking great all day. It really enhances my natural texture. Like I said, in the summer, I like to lay off the heat tools and and rock my natural waves. This stuff just keeps them in place and more textured. It’s not crunchy at ALL and just gives me a soft beach, natural look!
18) Benefit Bad Gal Lash: Normally I’m a big advocate of drugstore mascara and I don’t really believe there’s a difference between them and high end mascaras, so I don’t typically buy high end mascaras. But I got a deluxe sample of this stuff at Sephora with some of my Beauty Insider points, and I LOVE it! It makes my lashes look super big, bold, and long! It’s my new favorite, although, I’m not sure it’s worth the $25.00 price tag…
19) China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy: This color is AMAZING. It SCREAMS summer! It’s a SUPER bright neon, coral/pink color. It’s also a matte finish, but with a clear coat, it’s nice and shiny! I love this color on my toes and it makes you look super tan! The formula is a bit hard to work with, but if you use one coat of a white base coat underneath, it’s much brighter and easier to work with!
20) Essie Tart Deco: I’ve been wearing this color pretty much all month! I love it! It’s a super bright, orange, creamsicle color. It also makes you look super tan, no matter what skin tone you are! It’s a creme finish and super opaque!
21) Accidently skipped this one, too. Whoops!
22) China Glaze Pool Party: This is a super BRIGHT, hot pink matte color! Also, another perfect toe color! It’s amazing.
23) Revlon Color Show in Green With Envy: A super pretty, opaque mint green color! It’s super pastel, so it also makes you look very tan. I’ve been wearing this A LOT this month and I love it paired with Tart Deco! This is also a creme finish!
24) I’ve been LOVING sparking water recently! My favorite is the Perrier brand! It’s super refreshing and amazing on it’s own or even mixed with juices or fruit. I love mixing it with cranberry juice, or spritzing it with various fruits! Also homemade mojitos are always amazing! <33
25) Eggo Waffles: This one is kind of silly, but I’ve been really loving eggo waffles, specifically the Thick and Fluffy Cinnamon Brown Sugar ones! I go through very weird/random food phases and this month, I’ve been craving waffles! I eat some almost every day with butter and maple syrup. YUMMY!
26) Palmer’s Cocoa Butter: Since I’ve been going to the beach so much, and being in the sun, my skin has been super dry, and I have dry skin to begin with. This stuff has SAVED my skin! I put it on before I go out in the sun, because although I don’t tend to burn, I like to prevent it as much as possible; I also put it on after being in the sun, as well as for my everyday moisturizer! It’s made my skin so soft and smooth, and hydrated and I don’t even flake anymore. It’s amazing! Also, secret, I use this on my face as my facial moisturizer! I have SUPER dry skin and this has worked wonders on my skin! It doesn’t break me out either, and my face has been super clear, so this stuff is a total win!
27) Last but not least, I don’t have a photo of this, either, but I have been LOVING this! The green tea lemonade with peach from Starbucks! I know the peach syrup has only been out a week, but my friend works at Starbucks, so I’ve actually been getting to enjoy it for a few weeks now, and it’s SOOO yummy and refreshing! I love it! Perfect summer drink! I also love the new Valencia Orange Refresher, too! It tastes just like Sunny D but a little more natural! Add some berries in it for an extra sweet, fruity combo! SO yummyy!!
Well guys, this took me five hours, but I’m finally done! Hahaha. Comment and let me know what your June favorites are and if you have any recommendations! :))
This was what I wore today…unfortunately, I got the shirt ages ago and completely forgot I had it! I couldn’t find the exact shirt I have online, but the on in the photo is almost exact! The one in the photo, however is the S/s Ruffle Top by St. Tropez
The shoes are also no longer available, but their basically just satin black pumps with big bows on the back.
The jeans are by Abercrombie
The bag is the Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac in red with gold hardware
The earrings are from Forever 21
and the lipstick is discontinued, but may be available at a Cosmetic Company Outlet store. It’s from MAC’s Liberty of London collection in the shade Petals and Peacocks.
I think I’ve finally come up with a new technique and mastered winged liner! Both eyes done on the first try and both are pretty symmetrical, granted the left wing is just a tad pointer, but it’s really not too bad considering winged liner used to take me like five minutes per eye…not to mention a million mistakes and touch ups were needed, so I’m pretty proud of myself right now! :))
One of the things in life I really enjoy is fashion and clothing, as frivolous as that sounds. But, hey, I’m a girl and I enjoy looking nice. I want to start doing outfit of the day posts, but let’s face it, I’m no model and it’s hard to take pictures of myself wearing the clothing and make it look halfway decent at the same time. So, until I figure out a good set-up, I thought I would just make sets of my outfits on Polyvore and post them. I’m not going to post them every day, just maybe a couple times a week, when I feel like my outfit is extra nice. :))
Top: Forever 21. $22.80
Jeans: Abercrombie. $39.00
Shoes: Steve Madden. Original price- $100.00. (I got these shoes on sale at Marshals, and they are no longer available on stevemadden.com. There are an unworn pair on Ebay for $55.00, here, though!)
Bag: Francesca’s Collections. $48.00
Earrings: Charlotte Russe. $6.00
Necklace: Kay Jewelers. $148.00
Perfume: Couture La La by Juicy Couture.
Makeup: Virgin and Sin by Urban Decay on the eyelid. Buck and Toasted in the crease by Urban Decay. Hustle by Urban Decay in the outer corner. L’Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner. Nars Orgasm Blush. Estee Lauder Candy Lipstick.
Today while walking to class, I was approaching the cross-walk to walk across the busy Tampa street to get to the building my class is held in, when a girl darted across the street and ran towards me. I assumed she was running late, or that she wanted to cross the street as quickly a possible so that she wouldn’t hold up traffic. But no. She ran up to me, smiled, and said “I LOVE your outfit!” Caught off guard, I smiled and enthusiastically said “thank you!!” She then proceed to walk back to where she originally was across the street. I thought to myself “wow! I can’t believe she literally went out of her way to run up to me just to tell me she liked my outfit!” I’ve never met this girl before, she doesn’t even know my name, yet she made it a point to go out of her way to complement me, a girl she doesn’t know and might not ever see again. Compliments aren’t important, nor are they relevant, but sometimes it’s nice to know that someone else appreciates something about you; whether it’s your character, your work, or your clothing. It’s not the complement itself that made me smile, but just the fact she went out of her way just to make me feel good. We see many people on a daily basis, and think to ourselves that we like something their wearing, or their makeup, or hair, or whatever it may be, but we often don’t ever tell said person. Next time you see someone and you catch yourself thinking “wow! I really like her dress!”, or “he has really cool shoes!”, tell them! It just might make their day!
My whole life, I had always been a blonde. When I was 16, I started to bleach my hair because it was getting darker and I was not feeling it. Unfortunately, bleach-blonde wasn’t exactly a flattering color on me, and five years of bleaching really takes a toll on your hair. Let’s just say, my hair was no longer hair…it was hay. hah. So after a lottt of thought, and convincing, I finally decided to dye my hair dark last April. And it turned out to be a great decision! I loved my new darker hair, but of course, dying on top of bleach blonde hair leads to major fading and before I knew it, most of my hair was practically blonde again. A darker blonde, but blonde, none the less. My hair was also DEAD thanks to years of bleaching, so I started the process of slowly cutting off and growing out the blonde parts of my hair so I can redye my new HEALTHY hair a dark, chocolaty auburn color. It’s been a year in the making, but I’m almost there!